Energy Efficient Communities Grants Program
The Federal Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources is offering grants up to $20,000 for small businesses under the Energy Efficient Communities program.
The objective of this grant opportunity is to support small businesses to save energy through:
- replace existing equipment with higher efficiency equipment
- install or replace a component/s to help an existing system run more efficiently
- carry out on-farm energy audits
- carry out monitoring of energy usage and emissions
It is expected there will be a high level of interest for this grant opportunity and it will likely be oversubscribed. With a maximum of three projects funded per electorate, an eligible application will not automatically be approved. Grants will be approved according to meeting eligibility criteria, submission time and date and distribution across federal electoral divisions.
- The maximum grant amount is $20,000
- The maximum project period is 18 months
Grant funds can be used for one or more of the following:
- replacing existing equipment with higher efficiency equipment
- installing or replacing a component to help an existing system run more efficiently (for example installing a variable speed drive on a pump, or installing automatic controls on energy using equipment, or installing a modulating burner on a boiler)
- energy audits
- investment feasibility studies for energy efficiency upgrades
- monitoring of energy consumption and emissions
For eligibility information and grant submission guidelines visit the grant information page here.