Expressions of Interest – GIA Career Pathways Committee
The Greenlife Industry Australia Board is in the process of establishing governance and strategic sub-committees to support and provide guidance for the operation of the organisation.
GIA is seeking expressions of interest from industry stakeholders and horticulture educators to sit on the GIA Board sub-committee for Careers Pathways, Training and Development. The committee, which will comprise of a GIA Director, GIA Staff and up to four industry stakeholders, will support the associations strategic imperative for ‘Careers’ aiming to develop industry skills and career opportunities nationally.
GIA’s career pathways strategy is currently being developed using the outcomes of a levy funded review into nursery industry career pathways. The strategy will focus on five key areas being:
· Promotion and awareness of the industry
· Addressing careers and training policy parameters
· Targeted design and delivery of training programs
· Human Resource Management practices
· Showcasing jobs and demonstrating dynamic career opportunities within the industry.
GIA, together with RMCG Consulting, has been successful in securing the contract for NY19006 Nursery Career Pathway.
The sub-committee will provide strategic guidance on all activities under the Careers Pathways, Training and Development strategy however, their first role will be to work with Project Reference Group for the NY19006 by contributing their experience and expertise to the project, which will focus on:
1. Facilitating the targeted design and delivery of education and training programs (formal and informal) that support upskilling and development of people in the nursery industry; and
2. Defining, developing and showcasing jobs and career pathways that demonstrate dynamic career opportunities within the sector.
Expression of Interest process
If you are interested in sitting on the sub-committee, please complete this questionnaire and provide any relevant supporting documentation. Applications will be assessed on merit, having regard to skills, experience and understanding of the strategic approach for the ‘Careers’ imperative.
Expressions close: 10 July 2020
Applications reviewed: w/c 13 July 2020
Decision: Thursday 16 July.Successful applicants will be advised by Friday 17 July. The first meeting of the NY19006 Project Reference Group is scheduled for Wednesday 29 July 2020 which will be held via Zoom Meeting. It is expected that Committee Members will attend this meeting.