Plant Pals launches retailer competition in Victoria
Retailers in Victoria have been placed under enormous pressure as a direct result of the severe restrictions placed on the community back in August, to control the spread of COVID-19. Victorian Member retailers have been working tirelessly to adapt to the operating conditions while also complying with the Victorian guidelines to keeping people gardening.
On 9 September, the nationally representative Plant Pals Committee met for a scheduled meeting. During the meeting, Committee Members heard from Victorian representatives about the difficulties businesses in the state currently face.
In response the Committee considered how it might be able to support our Victorian colleagues, determining that a simple competition with a business marketing prize, could help lift spirits and support members.
Entering in 2 simple steps
1. Victorian retailers should post a catchy, fun and creative post which must include a Plant Pals asset (social tile or infographic available here) on their business social media page.
2. To be valid, posts must contain the hashtag #plantpals and must tag Greenlife Industry Australia (Facebook: @GreenlifeIndustryAU or Instagram: @GreenlifeAU).
Entries close 5 October 2020 and the prize is redeemable before 28 October 2020. Multiple unique entries are allowed, and the winner will be drawn on 6 October via a random picker. Terms and conditions apply.
This is a great opportunity for Victorian members of NGIV and GCA and we are looking forward to seeing your entires.
The Plant Pals campaign has developed an exclusive promotional offer for members. The Garden Centre Heroes package is available to all retail members across Australia for a sustainably reduced price and is subsidised by Greenlife Industry Australia.
We are offering one heroes’ package as a prize, in an easy to enter competition for Victorian retailers. The prize includes:
- An expertly written feature story on your business, prepared by a public relations expert.
- National exposure of your Feature Story, with prominent placement at the top of the Plant Pals website.
- Perpetual inclusion on the Garden Centre Heroes page.
- Link your feature story to your listing in the store locator.
- Sharing of your story on the GIA Facebook and Instagram pages.
- $250 of demographically targeted social boosting (advertising) of your social story, to capture your local clientele and interested new customers.
You can use the feature in any forum you want. Include it on your website, send it local journalists, include your staff in the story or launch a new business initiative. You will receive expert advice and support on content storytelling to maximise the reach of your Hero profile, all tailored to and prepared in consultation with you.
Terms and conditions
- The winner will be drawn by the Microsoft application Random Name Picker on 6 October 2020. The name drawn by the application is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified in writing by email to the email address provided on the Greenlife Industry Australia membership database.
- Total prize value is $970. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- Winners must be prepared to redeem their ‘feature package’ within the timeframe otherwise the prize will be forfeited and a new name will be selected in accordance with point 1 above.
- This is a trade promotion lottery which will be conducted in accordance with the requirements of the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation rules for trade promotion lotteries .