BioSecure HACCP - An on-farm biosecurity management system for production nurseries
BioSecure HACCP is the industry specific biosecurity program designed to assist growers in assessing their current and future pest, disease and weed risks, and guide businesses in the implementation of management strategies at critical control points.
A program for producers
BioSecure HACCP is the on-farm biosecurity program for production nurseries in Australia. The program validates many of the best management practice strategies employed under the Nursery Industry Accreditation Scheme Australia (NIASA).
This program provides businesses with a systematic approach to assess on-farm biosecurity hazards and responsibilities and it details how to best manage these identified risks. These guidelines have been developed following HACCP, which is the world recognised standard in risk management processes. BioSecure HACCP has been developed under the 12 defining principles of HACCP, providing a creditable risk identification and management process for production and growing media businesses.
BioSecure HACCP allows businesses to:
• Assess their current and future pest and disease risks
• Guide businesses in the implementation of management strategies at critical control points
• Identify internal and external threats to the integrity of a business biosecurity preparedness
• Guide businesses in the establishment of an effective internal quarantine process for both imported and exported plant material
• Conduct internal audits; self improvement system
Want to know more?
If you would like to attend a BioSecure HACCP Workshop, please contact your State Nursery & Garden Association here.