Our industry is a made up of a diverse range of businesses and organisations that provide products and services for greenlife production; produce, supply and retail greenlife; and promote the benefits of greenlife with the community.
We all have a role to play in the future production and supply of Australian greenlife and the Healthy Plants Healthy PeopleConference will educate, encourage and enthuse us to be leaders in how we address the following:
- Championing plant health though pest and disease management from grower to consumer
- Implementing responsible production and retail practices
- Encouraging the adoption of research and development outputs
- Focusing on solutions to environmental impacts and climate change
- Examining the barriers to change including government policy; social and cultural practices and highlighting case studies of where adopted change has worked
- Leveraging the opportunities of a changing climate by demonstrating leadership, professionalism and the undisputed necessity of our industry
- Continuing to disseminate the importance of plants to our health and well-being
- Highlighting economic opportunity of greenlife in Australia’s growing economy and how your business can benefit and
- Focusing on the future and ensuring we have the people and technology to deliver life-changing plant material to all corners of the country.
The Healthy Plant Healthy PeopleConference ties into the UN proclaimed International Year of Plant Health and will contribute to raising awareness of how protecting plant health can support people through health and well-being, economic development, protecting the environment, providing food security and helping to end poverty.
It will be a “ground up” practical conference to assist businesses be agile, flexible and responsive in a changing business and operating environment.